Location: Stafford, STS, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Supply Chain is at the heart of every business, and here is no exception. Think about the daily sourcing of materials from across the world, then think about how these parts are transformed & then shipped out to customers within demanding lead-times. This is only a glimpse of what it means to work in Supply Chain, but it is essential as we drive high performance to ensure we operate a robust & cost-effective global supply chain that maximises long term customer value.
Working within the Supply Chain function means delivering a quality product to a satisfied customer - on time, every time, repeatedly. The department is therefore a highly important link between our teams involved in product development, production, and most importantly our customers.
What experiences can we offer you?
This role utilises the Caterpillar Production System (Lean Manufacturing) Principles to deliver People, Quality, Velocity and Cost (PQVC) improvements. The main focus of this department is to operate on a tactical / strategic basis to ensure our supply chain drives towards excellence in efficiency, reliability and flexibility. Through a World Class Supply Chain, Caterpillar is able to support our partners, customers and shareholders to yield greater returns and therefore contribute towards our corporate and divisional strategy.
You will be responsible for performing work to achieve corporate supply chain performance targets, focused on inventory reduction & inventory turns, inventory analytics, New Product Introduction (NPI) management and Defects per unit (DPU) performance.
Main activities and job duties include:
· Supporting Supply Chain Planning Quality control tower
· Supporting daily / weekly cross functional team reviews
· Providing Quality data analysis and root cause remediation plans
· Supporting Design and Implementation of quality control gates
· Managing, maintaining, creating, & updating all NPI progress reports and databases
· Freight and packaging register administration
· Invoice reconciliation and grief management
· Support cost saving activities
· Administer Supply Chain Planning Control Tower and budget management
· Supports tactical, hands-on work to achieve Caterpillar Production System (CPS) supply chain process compliance
· Supports tactical, hands-on work with other Supply Chain functions, 3rd party providers and facility divisions to drive supply chain improvements
We also operate a conditional offers process. This means that post university, our highest performing placement students can be fast tracked to our IMechE approved Graduate Development scheme, without having to apply through the normal channels or attend assessment centres.
Who are we looking for?
As the type of roles within our business are becoming more diverse, we are looking for people who are open minded, excellent problem solvers and who have an ability to learn quickly.
Applicants should be on track to achieve a minimum of 2:2 and studying for a degree; ideally in one of the following disciplines but your approach to problem solving and good communication skills, whatever your degree, is critical:
Business, Engineering, Science / Maths / Materials, Supply Chain related from Procurement to Logistics.
We will provide you the training and support you need to be successful at Caterpillar.