As a Supply Chain Planning Analyst at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to participate on facility teams to develop material flow plans and pull material replenishment plans. You will be responsible for population of the Plan for every part database. You will support efforts to improve factory flow to enhance lean material flow.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Performing work to achieve corporate supply chain performance targets focused on inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results.
* Deploying visual elements and standard work in facilities, and actively supporting facility change management activities as new supply chain processes are deployed.
* Communicating Supply Chain Planning changes to key change targets, utilizing Change Management processes and utilizing visual elements throughout the value stream, including boards, signage and posted standard work and job aids.
* Performing tactical, hands-on work to achieve Caterpillar Production Systems supply chain process compliance and MQ Certification for a facility.
* Performing tactical, hands-on work with other Supply Chain functions, 3rd party providers and facility divisions to drive supply chain improvements.
* Analyzing value stream supply chain constraints and deploying corrective action.
* College or university degree or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering.
* Minimum of 1-2 years of progressively responsible supply chain job experience. Experience in Scheduling & Expediting
* Knowledge of standard supply chain systems.
* Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work across functions to perform work deploying supply chain improvements.
* Requires problem-solving skills to solve common problems.
* Must be a strong team player in order to be effective in deploying supply chain improvements as part of a team.
* Must possess understanding of manufacturing and operations standard processes and basic product knowledge.
* Ability to analyze business conditions and situations during deployment needed to minimize disruption to daily requirements.
* APICS, CPIM, or CSPC National Certification.
* 6 Sigma project experience.
* A background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Operations, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics.