Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Caterpillar’s Large Wheel Loader team is currently seeking a Value Chain Manufacturing Engineer. When you join team Caterpillar as a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be expected to provide technical expertise and guidance in development of major projects, collaborating across the value chain with internal/external suppliers to support/improve manufacturing productivity and cost effectiveness.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Manage LWL product BOM to achieve quality, velocity, manufacturing and serviceability improvements
* Drive robust change execution through New Product Introduction (NPI), source change, and continuous improvement processes and related activities
* Being actively engaged with design engineering and manufacturing to analyze current or proposed designs and processes for manufacturability and speed
* Being an integral part of the product development team, engaged early, while designs are still open to modification, providing data required to make design tradeoffs rapidly.
* Develop production cost impact of solution alternatives and manage product cost to drive improved OPACC and Variable Margin
* Being able to communicate rationale for providing tough design critique in a diplomatic, values-based manner that will enable process partners to learn manufacturing principles.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in an engineering or technology related discipline
* 5+ years of appropriate supply chain, design, manufacturing experience as either a Manufacturing Engineer or Manufacturing Supervisor.
Top Candidates will also have:
* General understanding of the Caterpillar organization, mining products and manufacturing processes, including Lean, factory transformations, manufacturing engineering and New Capital Introduction
* Strong interest in product development as a career path
* Good understanding of product development & NPI processes, especially Launch through Pilot build, including releasing processes
* Familiarity with DFM & DFA rules
* Analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
* Very strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills are required as well as an ability to deliver and receive design criticism in an open-minded, non-judgmental manner
* Strong project management skills
* Experience with cost management tools and processes
* Demonstrated ability to lead diverse, cross functional teams to deliver and complex design & process project deliverables
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers