IT'S YOUR TIME!
It's Your Career. Make it Matter
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people, which is build through diversity, aiming to achieve the best results.
If you are looking for personal and professional growth in a company with an inclusive culture that seeks equity, respect differences and believes in employee's potential, this is the right place! We consider in all positions people with disabilities, diverse gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, age, generation, race, nationality and sexual orientation.
Come join our team! Apply for Industry Representative position
As a Machine Account Manager you will develop new business and manage Corporate Accounts through the development of sound business relationships. This is the first level account manager assignment and generally involves providing feedback from users to corporate executive personnel.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop effective internal partner relationships and relationships with major customers so that sales objectives can be achieved. Establish high-level relationships with business decision makers and identify business needs and problems. Will work with senior management to develop and implement market strategies for key industries and customers as well as securing commitment of Caterpillar and Dealer resources to assure continued customer satisfaction.
* Consult with various departments within Caterpillar regarding the direction and strategies that key industry leaders will be adopting in the future, consult with dealers and districts on the subject of sales and service support of product to "corporate account" customers. Travel in the field to monitor and resolve issues regarding customer satisfaction and future product needs.
* Visit job locations, foreign and domestic, to provide advice and counsel to potential customers.
* Ensure that account decision makers have been fully exposed to the features/ benefits available from Caterpillar products, dealer, and marketing before they finalize purchasing decisions. Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations.
* Work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences. Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit. Generally requires extensive travel to understand regional or worldwide business conditions.
* A college or university degree or equivalent experience.
* More than 10 years of heavy equipment industry experience in order to gain recognition as a divisional and company expert.
* More than 5 years working in procurement areas.
* Previous experience dealing with Chinese SOE such as Large Contractors, Cement and Mining enterprises.
* Previous job site experience in the construction segments, working for OEM, Customer, Dealers or SEM.
* Account management experience, supervisory experience or fully contributing member on significant projects and/or teams related to Mining and Construction.
* English, Portuguese and Spanish Advanced.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering or administration.
* Caterpillar Product experience;
* Technical or Product Support experience (i.e. Product Quality Management and Communication with Product Groups, CSA contracts, T&MR guarantees, rebuild);
* Site Assessment and Fleet Management experiences;
* Technology Knowledge (On board, Off board);
* Marketing experience
* Financing and RUN strategy;
* Chinese language.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
* Must be able to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach, and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment application, new technology and distribution methods.
Important: * Requires extensive travel (50%) to understand regional or worldwide business conditions.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.