As an Industry Representative you will consult with dealers to market Caterpillar products and services and assist in the development of dealer sales capability. This is the second field-based assignment (may be first in some locations depending on pre-development required) and represents a shift from learning and assisting, to fully contributing in assignments that are broader, more complex and challenging in nature.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Move from learning and assisting others to fully contributing within an industry. You will hone your skills as a sales liaison among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel, and become increasingly familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies. Decisions you make in this position will be more complex and have greater risk issues than those associated with the less experienced representatives. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, considering alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills.
* Counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability; providing guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures within an industry; assisting dealers on forecast, sales/rental/used strategy planning and sales techniques; supporting rollout of new products (e.g., products, parts, customer service agreements, other service products); analyzing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity to Caterpillar personnel and dealers; analyzing product application, configuration and utilization that provide the best solution for a customer; assisting dealers with business planning within an industry; helping to create and promote programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization; and continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
* Understand customer/dealer market needs and build an understanding of how and why decisions are made within your work group and organization. You will be responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc. You will continue to learn to apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs.
* Your development and continual learning will be directed through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from gaining experience in the assigned industry, developing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving techniques, building business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities.
* Strong communication and leadership skills.
* A bachelor’s degree in an accredited Marketing or Engineering curriculum.
* 1 to 2 years prior experience in field assignments.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate effectively and work on increasingly more complex assignments.
* Must be willing to travel extensively (50-70%) as well as relocate based upon business needs.
* Good interpersonal and collaboration skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.