Location: Xuzhou, 32, China
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Perform advanced analytical tasks of MPR system in support of MPS and forecast for all the products to procure materials to assure production running by follow up delivery; independently manage CAT internal suppliers, follow up both internal and external suppliers by developing delivery performance, Logistics, Demand; control inventory level through managing lot size quantity, ordering lead time, demand etc.
1. Responsible and accountable for the analysis and maintenance of material planning data, purchase orders, cost for CAT internal suppliers, handling payment related discrepancies, collecting invoices,
2. Leading source study of NPI with coordinating cross departments;
3. Implement engineering changes by handling materials effective in and out, and also material disposal related;
4. Scorecard supplier delivery performance and set up communication plan for supplier measurements and quality improvement;
5. Accountable for keep tracking of the timely delivery, expedite the parts shortage with suppliers;
6. Forecast and communicate parts shortage status with operations, analyze root cause of shortages;
7. Responsible for inventory control strategy by set up min/max inventory, set up reasonable ordering lead time, review safety stock periodically, set up lot size days and ordering qty;
8. Provide first hand information to EXSM of supplier performance for the improvement;
9. Manage suppliers for buy-sell-buy parts through standardized forecast, customer orders, purchasing and ship;
10. Manage suppliers for package improvement;
11. Support 6 sigma project;
Leadership – Provide leadership for NPI sourcing. Lead continuous improvement initiatives. Demonstrate leadership in recognizing the potential for inventory reductions by re-evaluate various ordering policies of lead time, safety stock, delivery frequency. Incumbent will monitor and recommend solutions related to supplier performance delivery. Mentor and develop Material Planner where assigned. Promote the highest level of professionalism and business ethics within supply chain organization.
People: - Works effectively with colleagues, customers, and suppliers at all levels.
Strategy: Perform analytical and administrative tasks in support of Supply Chain strategic initiatives
Customers: This role may identify and satisfy Critical Customer Requirements (CCR). The role solves problems by determining the best course of action to ensure customers are fully informed and meet their requirements. Participate in and provide analysis related to NPI projects and dealers’ requirement to support sales.
Travel: Limited travel may be required.
This position requires a bachelor degree from a college or university – or equivalent experience
Intermediate to advanced skill in use of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Power BI, MRP/SAP system, and e-mail systems is preferred.
Requires effective communications skills, fluent in English language.
Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions.
Preferred that the incumbent is familiar with basic procurement and quality principles, procedures, and techniques
Required to accept responsibility and produce highest productivity and quality work
Required to highly focus on customers needs, provide services to have alignment with goals.