Cross-Vertical Transformation Workstream Lead
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Oct 14, 2020
As the leader for Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD) Cross-Vertical Transformation Workstream Lead, Component Multi Generation Project Plan (MGPP), you will be responsible for providing leadership to multi-functional teams across the enterprise, our divisions, disciplines, etc. This role will primarily interface with the enterprise strategic team, component product groups and the Machine Business Divisions (MBDs) to develop mutually agreed upon enterprise component strategies. This role reports directly to the Transformation General Manager of PSLD. This role is critical in the execution of PSLD and the enterprise’s strategy in support of the Services Distribution & Digital (SD&D) portfolio and aligned its governance process with the Enterprise Services 2X Growth Goals.
This role will be the PSLD Cross-Vertical contact on the aftermarket growth partner alignment, leveraging experience to guide the cross-vertical collaboration and providing consultation and support internally to the PSLD Component product groups and bringing the understanding of the bigger picture related to marketing, product and manufacturing. Additionally, this role will collaborate with product groups to align the component integration into their New Production Introduction (NPI) and OPACC Improvement agenda (OIA) projects for non-current, current and future products. Key is to stay abreast of current product performance and aftermarket POPS-C to ensure problems and deficiencies are corrected with future generations and actively pursue current product cost reduction as appropriate.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Support and formulate business strategies and ensure strategies and plans provide the greatest sustainable competitive advantage and maximize shareholders’ total return
- Create long term vision and direction for the aftermarket component business and translating it into a series of near-term and long-range strategies and functional plans
- Collaborating to gain alignment for product development, capacity, costs, quality, supplier development, etc. to make up the entire product related functional activities
- Ensure seamless alignment with enterprise and segment strategy for components
- Lead PSLD Services Growth Council
- Steer development of enterprise process, tools and templates to support services growth
- Ensure robust aftermarket growth strategies including adherence to Aftermarket Growth Guide and Make Buy strategies
- Communicate and coordinate with component or product group teams, dealers and suppliers when required
- Understand OPACC Pools and other decisions directly impacting product group sales and profit, research, and capital
- Facilitate quarterly deep dives with SD&D group president and PSLD leadership team
- Ensure we have solid market research, identifying market/customer requirements leading to new model development and introduction plan
- Ensure the MGPPs have established target costs, reliability targets, and time tables; execute the NPI Process and identify critical customer and business requirements; guide concept selection and the identification and achievement of program requirements and technical specifications; shorten problem resolution time in development program; achieve manufacturability; assure process conformance; and determine and monitor capital investment
- Recommend and investigate alternatives and solutions and subsequent negotiation for resources to execute plan for resolution
- Develop project plans that include team breakdown structure, component development, product integration and risk assessments
- Reviews all functional plans to ensure successful product introduction
- This position must understand the current and future technology development plans for components and products as it relates to the aftermarket
- Lead the PSLD ECS Sourcing Process.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Multi-business unit experience
- Previous NPI or engineering process experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ability to set bold goals, strategies to achieve those goals, and turn strategies into action
- Exceptional communication, leadership and networking skills
- Ability to be futuristic and proactive
- Ability to build consensus
- Ability to simplify complex information and develop clear communications and presentation materials to a variety of audiences
- Ability to adapt to multiple cultures and countries; fluent in English
- Thorough knowledge of technology products and product applications, merchandising programs, and/or warranty practices and procedures
- Broad company knowledge and strong understanding of dealer operations to influence a variety of audiences
- This position does offer relocation, and can be remote for the right candidate
- This position requires 20% or less travel
- This posting will close on October 27, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.