Job Title: Solutions Owner
Grade: £47,689 - £59,611 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays and up to 5 service days, 12-18% Bonus Target, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Childcare Vouchers, Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Training and Development, Private Healthcare, Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Location: UK (facility dependent on successful candidate)
Hours: Full Time - 36.50
Travel: 25% within Europe, maximum of one week within US
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th October
Job Reference: 200005Q3
At Caterpillar, we focus on creating an inclusive and innovative work environment because different perspectives result in the best thinking. You can look to your teammates, the many industries we serve and even our employee resource groups to spark new ideas and discoveries. You are empowered.
Do you have strong project leadership skills that you want to put to work to help Caterpillar? If so, the Resource Industries Supply Management (RISM) Division is looking for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Solutions Owner to provide project leadership for division strategic projects intended to improve critical procurement processes that drive financial results and achieve OPACC improvement agendas.
As a Solutions Owner, your job duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Manage multiple Europe RI Steel Components (forging, gears & shafts, machined bar, rods & tubes) portfolio of projects at one time and effectively coordinate these projects with the Project Sponsor and other improvement project teams. Examples of these projects are Assurance of Supply, Supplier Exits, Supplier Base Optimization, Cost Reduction and onboarding suppliers to the Caterpillar Steel Managed Program (CSMP).
• Provide Project leadership includes identifying opportunities, defining and financially justifying projects, launching project teams, using good project management to manage team activities, leading teams to execute projects, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers.
• Measure results - manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are being met. Provide Project Sponsor with the results and take corrective project action as required to improve on results below target.
• Integrate improvement projects – identify integration issues with other projects/processes and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
• Communicate – ensure multi-channel communication throughout the organization. This includes keeping the Project Sponsor informed of program status and ensuring coordination of activities with other Project Leads.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experiences and qualifications that you will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business or an equivalent level of relevant work experience.
• Extensive experience at a professional level.
• Ability to demonstrate project management skills and team leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to effectively work remotely.
Skills, experiences and qualifications that you may have:
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of other functions that provide project inputs regularly, e.g. Product Development, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Operations.
• Results-orientation - Change agent who is an effective business systems thinker.
• The ability to learn and do statistical analysis
• Basic computer skills.
• The ability to manage risk and ambiguity on a project.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation expenses will be the responsibility of the selected candidate. ISE assignment is not available for this position.
To apply for this position please visit Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.