As an engineer in the Engine Development team of LPSD Engine System & Controls Development- India, you will serve as an experienced individual contributor on complex projects and assignments for the end-to-end design and development of large diesel, dual-fuel and gas engines. This will involve developing & specifying controls/monitoring systems for engines. This role will also require communicating results effectively and efficiently to team members to make program decisions. You will also perform data analysis, documentation, project management planning and updates.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Specification, application and testing of control and monitoring systems for engines.
• Creation and adaptation of specifications for functional changes and software algorithms.
• Define the correct sensors, specifications, implement the sensors with ECM control software, align with Marine certification
• Support with the commissioning of engines on the test beds and in the field
• Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
• Create/Evaluate new processes
• Perform complex analysis work, identify and solve challenging problems
• Create and deliver technical reports
• Mentor and develop other engineers in the team
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in electronics / communications engineering / mechatronics / automation,
• 3-5 years of experience with engine controls development/simulation
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• PhD/Masters degree in an accredited Indian or Global Engineering school
• Basic proficiency in German language
• Excellent analytical skills
• Knowledge of combustion engine technology (diesel / gas) and engine control is advantageous.
• Knowledge of electronics (hardware and software.)
• Knowledge of analog and digital measurement technology as well as field bus systems
• Ability to perform complex assignments
• Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
• Working knowledge of Python/VBA to automate tasks
• Enjoys working in a fast paced, technically challenging environment
• Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers