At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Transportation Manager.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
- Responsible for management of a team of transportation professionals with accountability for all inbound transportation execution to Midwestern US manufacturing facilities
- Accountable for setting and meeting freight financial goals for facilities in scope
- Coordinate problem resolution with Caterpillar facilities and approved Service Providers with regards to transportation services
- Implements solutions to reduce performance gaps within the transportation network
- Deploy process improvement initiatives and improved transportation methods to support Caterpillar’s quality, velocity and cost objectives resulting in OPACC realized by manufacturing facilities
- Coordinates impact analysis and implementation of cost-effective solutions with Providers
- Governs the performance of Service Providers through Key Performance Indicators to meet cost and service performance expectations
- Develops processes and ensures adherence to transportation standards and business rules
- Provides analytical insights and reporting to leadership and internal customers to generate fact driven solutions and performance metric reporting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 5+ years of experience in Transportation and/or Logistics/Supply Chain
- Experience with Transportation software, preferably TM, CASS, Freights Pay, Blue Yonder
- Previous project leadership experience with high impact initiatives
- Experience with Microsoft based applications: PowerPoint, Excel, Access (specifically Excel application functionality experience with data analysis V Lookups, and pivot tables)
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Previous supervisory experience of management employees
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field
- Demonstrated strategic thinker able to plan and optimize methods of material movement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven customer focus and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
This position does offer relocation.
This position requires 10% or less travel.
This posting will close on October 27, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.