At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as an Operations Group Manager for our Boonville, MO – High Performance Molded Products facility.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As an Operations Group Manager at Caterpillar, you will accountable for the manufacturing / operations value streams, and have overall accountability for safety, quality, and meeting or exceeding established production requirements.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Taking aggressive actions to promote our safety and lean culture demonstrated by eliminating safety hazards and waste in the work areas.
- Ensuring effective operation of assigned value streams to meet production schedules in a safe, cost-effective, quality, high-velocity manner.
- Utilizing resources, including people, material and machines, to achieve safety, cost, quality and inventory management targets
- Determining / deploying actions required to maintain and improve safety, quality, velocity, and efficiency in work areas;· Implementing, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma and Certification processes.
- Performs on-going evaluation of workloads and assists Section Managers in solving problems
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Section Managers, Team Leads and Team Members.
- Develops detailed near-term and long-term production plans.
- Drives root cause analysis and resolution on all forms of loss, i.e., safety, quality, production.
- Promoting engagement, learning and professional development for direct reports and their teams
- Developing and deploying training of resources on work processes
- Developing and setting goals to assist direct reports and meet goals
- 4-year University degree in a manufacturing/engineering related discipline, or 10 + years of job related experience.
- Business management skills, knowledge of lean processes and tools, and strong technical understanding of manufacturing processes
- 6+ years of progressively responsible operations and/or supply chain experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing and general manufacturing operations
- Good communication, interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Previous experience leading leaders
- 6 Sigma BB experience
- Focused Facility experience
- Cross-functional experience (Mfg. Eng., Quality, HR, eng., etc..)
Location: Boonville, Missouri
This position does offer relocation.
This position requires 10% or less travel.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.