Location: Mossville, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2020
Caterpillar takes a system view of the life of our products. We design and manufacture them for multiple lives. Our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to the customer. We remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to deliver the next generation of value. Our industry-leading engineering and manufacturing expertise, large field population, and world-class dealer organization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us to provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world.
We have been remanufacturing our products since 1972 and are considered the world's largest remanufacturing company. For more information about Cat Reman, please visit https://www.caterpillar.com/en/brands/cat-reman.html.
Caterpillar Remanufacturing currently has an opening for a Sr. Analytics Project Leader supporting the Mossville, IL facility. This position will use data visualization tools and quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, modeling, and advanced statistical techniques to solve problems, improve efficiency, and enhance decision-making. The Sr. Analytics Project Leader contributes to this mission by acting as the technical lead of analytics project teams tasked with solving medium to high complexity problems. They will also ve the technical expert in a particular analytics approach, related digital technology, or business domain.
Job responsibilities to include but not limited to:
Caterpillar uses quantitative techniques to solve problems. Typical problems include maximizing OPACC through improvements in Inventory Costs, Material Costs, NPI costs, etc.; determining the principal drivers of costs; recommending the optimal supplier for a part; identifying revenue opportunities; developing simulation/optimization capabilities to model a new facility or product feature. In addition, analytics experts also assist with high-profile enterprise-wide projects such as the Engineered Value Chain.
The Sr. Analytics Project Leader's principal responsibility is acting as the technical lead on analytics projects of medium to high complexity. The Sr. Analytics Project Leader will be a Caterpillar expert in the use of a particular analytics technique, associated digital technology, or in the application of analytics in a specific business domain. The Sr. Analytics Project Leader is one of the most experienced technical experts in the organization whose breadth of knowledge in analytic techniques may be called upon to help on a multitude of business problems. This position will participate in and lead cross-functional project teams, provide overall guidance to the technical direction of the project, and mentor team members and others in the organization on data analytics and visualization techniques. This position will act as a principal driver of cultural change toward a more efficient and data-driven organization.
The Sr. Analytics Project Leader will:
* Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in applying statistical and digital methods to solve business problems
* Demonstrate a breadth and depth of expertise in the data visualization tools to enhance management decision making
* Demonstrate competency in coaching and mentoring team members and colleagues in the BU in the creation, validation, and application of statistical models and implementing digital solutions;
* Participate on 3-4 projects concurrently
* Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.)
* Have a strong focus on continual learning in the Analytics field
* Demonstrate strong customer focus in the application of Analytics techniques and digital technologies to solve business problems
* Demonstrate significant knowledge in the use of Data Analytics software solutions
This position is also responsible for developing people, collaborating across the organization, while enhancing the team's creativity; maintaining knowledge of approaches used in similar projects; and pushing the technical bounds of experimentation while meeting customer commitments. The Sr. Analytics Project Leader acts as the overall technical lead for a project team in establishing a sound approach for solving the problem at hand. The incumbent will have functional networks within the technical community to enable them to collaborate on technical solutions, obtain resources and cooperation needed, and remove roadblocks so that they can ensure the success of their team.
He or she demonstrates excellent communication skills and the ability to explain conclusions to customers with limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods. Candidates for this position will have previous experience as the technical lead on project teams. They should exhibit strong communication skills, a penchant for innovation, and above-average initiative, people development, and interpersonal skills.
· Bachelor's degree (in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework) with 6-8 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analytics
· Proficient with MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
· Highly skilled in statistics packages like SAS, SPSS, or Minitab
· Highly proficient with coding languages like Python and R.
· Previous project leadership
· Program/project management skills
· Experience with Data Visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, D3
· Experience deploying data analytics applications to users
· Experience working with Agile processes
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
· Masters (in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework) and 3-5 years of progressively related experience
· Must demonstrate strong leadership and initiative
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Proficient working with a variety of Caterpillar Data Sources
· Prior Caterpillar experience and Reman product knowledge
· Experience working with aws cloud services such as S3, EC2, SageMaker, SnowFlake, ECR, Batch
· Experience working with a data pipeline framework such as Airflow, Dagster, Kedro
This position will have the option of working in Mossville or US remote.
Occasional travel - not to exceed 25%
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities,
females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.