Job Title: Operations Group Manager
Salary: £65,577-£70,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays and up to 5 service days, 20% Bonus Target, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution doubled by Company up to 10%) Car Allowance, Private Healthcare, Childcare Vouchers, Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Location: Peterlee, County Durham
Hours: Full Time - 36.50
Travel: Not required
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Saturday 24th October
Job Reference: 200005P2
Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Caterpillar Peterlee is the worldwide source of Cat® Articulated Trucks, currently producing an 8-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates. The facility's manufacturing activities use the latest computer analysis techniques, robotic technology and a state-of-the-art paint plant. Machines from the site are shipped to customers around the world.
As an Operations Group Manager you will either be assigned a direct production area in the manufacture and/or assembly of quality parts to meet established production requirements or could be assigned leadership in the Process Validation Area supporting the New Product Introduction process.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of managers in various production areas
- Responsible for production performance metrics and governance
- Lead, coach and drive lean manufacturing across the team
- Develops detailed productions plans and strategies
- Expert for leading New Product Introduction (NPI) within the production areas
- Steers and guides several areas to the manufacturing process such as fabrication, manufacturing, paint, assembly, test & shipping, Process Validation Area.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Extensive experience demonstrating leadership by coaching, leading and developing a team
- Strong experience and understanding of all areas within a production environment
- Previous experience of developing and implementing production plans and strategies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Analytical skills, creativity and logical thinking to reach a solution
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Any Engineering, Manufacturing or Management related degree or the equivalent experience
- Previous experience of lean manufacturing
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualification or evidence of safety improvements and/or has been Safety Rep
- Experience in facilitation of multi-function teams, execution of Process Validation including APQP within a New Product Introduction environment.
- Six Sigma Blackbelt experience.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.