This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2020
Job Description –
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Ground
Transport Operations team in US to ensure optimal use of the Blue Yonder (BY)
Transportation Management System (TMS) and BY Freight Order Management (FOM)
tools. This includes the
following segments of the Caterpillar supply chain:
· Outbound Ground Prime Product shipments (Parts, Machines)
· International spare parts shipments
· Inbound material for manufacturing and the spare parts network
· Ground Transportation movements
· Truck Carriers
· Material Planners, Facilities/Plants
· Identify and correct inconsistencies between Caterpillar systems and Blue Yonder.
· Identify issues preventing loading of partner data (data mapping issue, incorrect i dentification numbers, etc.).
· Identify partners not sending EDI & following up on the same.
· Identify issues with delays in receiving data from partners (latency).
· Create reports/dashboards/presentations with the help of MS Office suite (& preferably Tableau).
· Create & brainstorm with MS Access databases to ensure customer requirements are completed on time.
· Provide Root Cause Analysis (RCCA) to the internal customers & work with concerned teams (IT etc.) to have the fix in place.
· Support master data management efforts, such as locations/OD pairs/business hours/contacts/etc in Transportation systems (TM,TMOPS, FOM, ERP, …)
· Support day-to-day ops requests, such as rating issues/optimization issues in the TMS (in adherence to Ops Support pyramid)
· Perform data analysis using different tools (Access, SQL etc. to provide meaningful insights for the stakeholders.
To accomplish this, incumbent will work with data from multiple systems like BY TM, TMOPS, FOM, TVS etc. to ensure that all required data is provided to the domestic transportation process.
In summary the incumbent will work with all the above systems and partners (directly and in-directly) to ensure that the data used in the domestic transportation process is correct and timely.
· Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science, Logistics or Supply Chain) or 5+ years of experience in Transportation and/or Logistics/Supply Chain
· Experience with Transportation planning and execution software, preferably Blue Yonder
Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
(Excel, Access) ·
Knowledge of Tableau/PowerBI /Similar Reporting
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently
· Demonstrating willingness to adjust working hours in exceptional circumstances.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
· Master’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, Logistics or Supply Chain)
· Demonstrated executer able to plan and optimize most effective methods for movement of freight
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Knowledge of EDI and API
· Experience with Oracle SQL
· 6 Sigma/Lean Experience