This is a key role on the Human Resources team with global Organization and Talent Management and HR process responsibility for more than 5,000 employees within our Global Finance Services Division (GFSD). Being a partner to the Finance Executive Leadership Team and the GFSD HR Global Team, this role’s main goal is to develop integrated talent strategy aligned to business objectives. This provides leadership to Caterpillar’s talent approach for the finance, accounting, and pricing functions.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a diverse and global team! We are looking for a passionate and motivated Senior HR professional to join our HR leadership team.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with the division’s executive team to understand business priorities and translate into integrated talent strategy to deliver and drive value for business partners.
• Apply strategic workforce plan, succession planning, talent acquisition, professional/technical & leadership development and total rewards, to drive talent outcome.
• Understand both internal and industry talent market and trends, use internal talent insights and build talent pipeline and organization capability.
• Partner with stakeholder to design and facilitate talent programs and processes to drive succession and skill/capabilities.
• Drive talent acquisition, both internally and externally, that align to strategic workforce planning and support future talent needs.
• Creation and execution of growth mindset culture with upskilling initiative to leverage retention rates as a competitive advantage where talent supply is less than demand.
• Human capital effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, and employee engagement strategies - deploy and embed our strategy, purpose and leadership attributes.
• Organizational design and implementation of optimal organization aligned to meet business objectives.
• Partner with HR COEs and collaborate across Business Units to achieve objectives using an enterprise point of view.
• Prime HR interface with key leadership and takes a lead role in overseeing HR delivery to the organization, partnering with global Human Resources Business Partners, and enterprise COEs (Talent Management, Total Rewards, Learning & Development, etc.).
• Consults with business leaders on ways to improve business effectiveness and operational improvements in alignment with the business model and leadership attributes.
• Participates in meetings and manages projects across a global team – providing HR/Talent expertise and consultation to the business and HR colleagues. Flexibility with working across time zones as required.
• Bachelors level degree
• 8+ years of progressive human resource experience with a blend of experience across HR business partner and talent roles.
• 5+ HR Business Partner/Talent experience within direct line of business/business unit
• Previous leadership experience managing a team of HR professionals
• A proven track record of creating vison/strategy and translating into operational execution in Human Resource/Talent roles.
• Demonstrated skills and proficiency in the following areas: enterprise point of view, collaboration across matrix organization, ability to influence effectively at multiple levels of an organization, strong teamwork and proven skills communicating effectively.
Top candidates may also have:
• MBA or applicable HR certifications.
• General understanding of industry products, experience working with business partners and employees in a manufacturing as well as professional environment.
• Awareness and expertise in a variety of human resources areas.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills at all levels in the organization.
• Systems thinker, where understand all the connections and integration points through the entire talent management lifecycle.
• Strong project and process management skills.
• Able to analyze data quickly and thoroughly and provide sound business recommendations based on data.
• Financial/business acumen.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.