Since 1955 Caterpillar has been a staple in Decatur, IL and is one of the area's largest employers. We are a major contributor to the local United Way, Limitless Decatur, and other community organizations, helping our home area with monetary donations and volunteer hours. We are proud to be the largest Caterpillar facility in North America. Our product lines include Large Mining Trucks, Large Wheel Loaders, and Wheel Tractor Scrapers.
Assembly and Test Specialists are a vital part of the overall manufacturing process here at Decatur Caterpillar. Our team of Assembly and Test Specialists are required to meet safety and quality standards in addition to maintaining a clean and organized work area and facility. Our team requires the ability to work with a variety of tools and machinery to assemble or repair products. Our team completes such tasks by reading and interpreting technical documents, blueprints, other 3D and 2D imagery as well as written and verbal instructions.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Assembling / testing, reworking and repairing machine components
* Operate test machines to test final drive assemblies
* Prepare prime products and attachments for shipping
* Performs required salvage operations in assembly areas as necessary
* Disassemble and reassemble complex assemblies to repair or replace damaged component parts
* Operate remote control crane to specially equipped vehicles to transport prime product
This opening is on an off shift - 2nd or 3rd. You can be placed on either one of these shifts. 2nd Shift is 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM. 3rd Shift if 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
* Mechanical background or industrial assembly
* Past assembly experience
* Comfortable with being at heights up to 20 feet off the ground on ladders and lifts
* Ability to perform simple computer operations
* Understanding of both hand and air (pneumatic) tooling
Top Candidates will possess:
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
* Working knowledge of standard and metric sizes and compatibility
* Previous overhead crane experience
* Understand of 5S principles
* Forklift certified
* Ability to read and understand prints and 3D and 2D imagery
This is an Off Shift position - working 2nd or 3rd Shifts.
Position is located in Decatur, IL - no relocation package is offered
Starting pay is $18.43 / hr
Positions are Supplemental with limited benefits with a standard 40 hour work week. There is no holiday or vacation pay. Supplemental Employees can be moved to any shift and any position at any time.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, or O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/span folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.