When you are a Product Application Specialist at Caterpillar, you will provide product and application support to the global field sales rep teams and dealers to assist in prime product and work tool sales execution. You will also provide support to Product Groups and NPI Managers during various NPI phases in terms of VOC collection/communication, development of functional specifications and critical customer requirements, and competitive analysis.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide product and application expertise to the global field sales rep teams and dealers to support prime product and work tool sales execution, price realization and improved value proposition.
* Subject matter expert in product application knowledge base of a certain group of Cat models, and considered a key field "go to resource".
* Develop and deliver product and application training to field reps, dealers & customers.
* Support equipment sizing and application recommendations to assist in reduced O&O costs and improved machine performance based on production requirements, job conditions and operator evaluation of specified models.
* Provide reports on competitive performance studies, feature/benefit comparisons and maintenance and repair cost analysis.
* Develop, support and train field reps and dealers in the use of Value Estimating Tool (VET) and other equipment analysis software.
* Provide input to Product Groups and NPI teams for next generation NPI product development activities.
* Collection and communication of VOC and development of CCR input to NPI teams and Marketing staff.
* Be a member of the core NPI Team.
* VOC/CCR input to other MBDs and Product Groups outside the immediate MBD under the new enterprise alignment requirements.
* Support definition and value placed on new product features, functional and technical specifications and general product requirements.
* Global responsibilities including work in the development of product requirements for emerging markets.
* Support, monitor readiness and attend NPI gateway reviews as needed.
* Support ongoing Value Analysis work related to competitive performance, features, maintenance and repair costs.
* Provide Product Group with industry-specific trends based on customers’ operational data and benchmarking.
* Understand and keep current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization.
* Apply decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc.
* Apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs.
* Provide direction to less experienced personnel.
* Along with manager, direct development and continual learning through experience and stay abreast of technology changes.
* Gain continued experience in assigned industry, enhance communication and people relationship skills, improve problem solving and analysis
ability, build and use business skills, enhance use of Caterpillar systems and develop leadership abilities.
* Stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
* A college or university degree, or equivalent experience.
* 8 - 10 years of progressively responsible job-related experience at Caterpillar.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate technical machine performance and application knowledge.
* Broad knowledge and understanding of Company products, Product Support strategies, Dealer operations and capabilities, machine performance software such as FPC and VET, warranty policies and procedures.
* Good human relations and communication skills to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside the department, and especially field sales organizations, dealers and customers.
* Work experience in a Marketing Company and/or Product Group assignment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.