As a 6 Sigma Black Belt, you will lead projects to improve critical business processes that drive financial results. You will be able to scope moderately complex projects; develop project plans and business cases. You will be asked to train and lead improvement project teams.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Lead projects with an average savings per project of $150,000 and concurrently lead 1-3 projects of this magnitude.
* Identify opportunities, define and financially justify projects.
* Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are being met.
* Identify integration issues with other projects/processes and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
* Recruit and train team members.
* Identify potential Black Belts and recruit team members in the 6 Sigma infrastructure.
* Ensure projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and business strategy.
* Ensure multi-channel communication throughout the organization.
* Capture project case histories that can be re-used for other projects.
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business or an equivalent level of work experience.
* Three or more years of professional level experience.
* Proven strong sense of urgency to complete tasks on time to meet goals or deadlines.
* Project management skills.
* Demonstrated focus on quality and customer needs.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify solutions.
* Good office desktop applications knowledge.
* Ability to learn and do statistical analysis
* Previous supervisory and project management experiences.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.