This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2020
This position will support efforts of the Product Compliance & Support – Product Safety & Compliance team, to ensure product compliance to global regulations. This technical steward position will serve as a consultant and company expert in the field of global product standards.
This position is globally recognized within Caterpillar as an expert in global product standards and regulations, specifically for all areas non-engine emissions related. The position will be expected to gain external industry leadership recognition in the space of product safety standards. This position plays a global leadership role in the product safety design strategy of Caterpillar products and is proactive in nature to maintain product compliance to applicable regulations. This position will lead multiple international product safety standards development projects that are typically complex and encompass technologies and strategies over multiple applications. This position will facilitate corporate technology change in the space of product safety and have an considerable global impact on the industry.
This Product Safety & Compliance Technical Steward position will manage the Caterpillar corporate advocacy strategy of developing international standards for safe & compliant products. This includes responsibility for mentoring and developing others, particularly new members of the Product Safety & Compliance international product safety standards technical community. This position is also responsible for developing training materials in the product safety standard space, developing and/or leading the development of documentation of processes and developing technical successors to their international product standard development, and personally mentoring others as needed. The knowledge management role requires the Technical Steward to play a key role in creating and disseminating Caterpillar’s corporate position within the development of intentional product safety strategies, while also ensuring the protection of Caterpillar’s intellectual property.
This position will be utilized to develop a viable candidate to assume a future chairmanship position and technical leadership roles within international standards developing bodies.
* Bachelor’s degree in an accredited engineering curriculum
* 15 to 20 years of progress engineering responsibility at Caterpillar or in industry
* Detailed knowledge of Caterpillar products & applications
* Product development experience
* Technical awareness in all areas (mechanical, system integration, controls, electronics, etc.)
* This position requires strong, proven collaboration and working background in the areas of product international standards
* Strategic thinking and ability to prepare, articulate and drive global product standards strategy internal to Caterpillar
* Proven ability to influence a room of industry peers
* Strong customer focus
Top candidates will also have:
* Product regulatory background
* Previous experience working with outside industry associations
* Product design and validation experience
* Previous experience leading technical working groups within the ISO TC-127 umbrella of projects
* Candidate should have participated in previous ISO TC-127 plenary, with progressive experience in ISO administrative functions