Job Title: Engine Sales Manager
Salary: £41,700 - £45,870
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 10% Bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage High Street Discount Warehouse
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not supported in this role
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to build upon existing experience within a Sales environment to develop into an established Engines Sales Manager, reporting to the Electric Power Sales Manager for EAME within Marketing, Service & Parts group.
The EAME team has committed to grow sales within the Electric Power sector by 2023 and beyond. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing sales team and make a real impact to our business.
In this development role you will be accountable for the achievement of the annual engines sales targets and business metrics based on a Business to Business (B2B) approach, with key customers within the Europe Africa and Middle East region. You will be coached and mentored by a team of established Account Mangers to support your success
The successful candidate will excel in building strong customer relationships, have a passion to resolve customer issues through strong collaboration across our internal business partners to drive customer satisfaction and deliver business goals.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsibility for the achievement of the annual Engines Sales results for assigned customers.
• Harness strong working relationships with key customers.
• Develop projects and plans to meet short, medium term growth objectives.
• Utilise Customer Relationship Management tools to support planning, progress and delivery of the growth objectives.
• Generate and implement customer account plans for assigned key customer accounts.
• Provide transactional, systems and operational support across the electric power sales team
• Work in collaboration with cross functional teams to ensure customer satisfaction and timely issue resolution.
• Develop a deep understanding of the Electric Power engine product range, sectors and markets.
• Ability to learn and convey key mechanical components of a diesel engine.
• Conduct data analysis, generate reports within ERP systems, provide summary of conclusions and recommendations.
• You can expect up to 30% overseas travel in this role.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Strong customer focus and ability develop long term customer relationships.
• Highly motivated to resolve problems, identifying process improvements and be an active team player across business functions.
• Demonstrate initiative to achieve business goals and drive customer satisfaction
• Ability to plan, effectively communicate at all levels, organise and implement key actions.
• Highly competent with Microsoft tools and ERP / CRM systems
• Previous Sales / Business Support, Supplier or Customer Account Coordinator experience would be advantageous.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• College/university degree or equivalent relevant experience
• Ability to manage challenging conversations and conduct commercial negotiations.
• International Business / International Travel experience.
• Understanding or willing to learn mechanical / electrical components and emissions legislation of Diesel Engines.
• Appreciation of Product Life cycle and Aftermarket Service and Parts support.
• Customer facing / Commercial Sales of industrial products.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously to deliver goals
• Proven ability to maintain poise and self-control in tough emotive situations.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting