Caterpillar in Seguin, Tx is hiring temporary assembly workers. This position is full time, with overtime available and offers limited health benefits!
Caterpillar is committed to excellence in all that we do. As a global, diverse technology leader, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. We are proud of who we are- thousands of people making progress possible around the world.
As a Production Technician, you will perform the duties associated with the production of Caterpillar Diesel engines including but not limited to: Assembly, Logistics, and Quality Assurance. Production Technicians report to Section Managers and will be assigned to departments within the business to meet customer and company demands.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Aligning and securing engine components as directed by work instruction
* Aligning and installing gaskets, seals, bearings, hoses, covers, and visual components
* Ensure that parts and materials used in the assembly process are free from quality defects
* Assist other departments with problem solving or improvement ideas related to assembly
* Verifying correct alignment of engine components using engine schematics and part prints
* Inspect parts and materials to ensure they are free from quality defects
* Perform audits and carry out quality inspections to correct known defects
* Perform torque audits, leak tests, and visual inspection on all engines
* Shipping and receiving parts and verifying invoices to ensure inventory accuracy
* Ensure that materials received and delivered are free from quality defects
* Re-pack and arrange parts for warehouse storage or delivery to the assembly area
* Operate forklifts and tuggers to move materials within the facility
* Accurate and efficient delivery and removal of materials
* Submit and assist with the resolution of C.P.S. Continuous Improvement cards
* Follow standard operating procedures and area specific work instructions
* Provide information to supervisors and managers about processes within assigned area
* All other duties as assigned
* Ability to work well with others
* Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Ability to read/write and interpret documents
Top Candidates will also have:
Previous manufacturing/operations experience
Previous experience with Standard Operating procedures or Standard Work.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to perform repetitive operations
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
All eligible candidates MUST pass the following pre-employment screenings before they can be hired to any Caterpillar position:
- Background Screening
- Drug Screening
- Post-Offer Medical Questionnaire - clearance from Corporate Medical
- This is a supplemental hourly position with an entry wage of $13.50/hr in Seguin, TX.
- Positions available in all areas of assembly
- This position is part of Caterpillar’s Full-Time supplemental workforce and employees are expected to be willing to work in any area as needed
- Caterpillar Full-Time supplemental employees are eligible for limited benefits
- Relocation reimbursement is not offered for this position
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).