JOB SUMMARY: Process Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation's (CFSC) documents through the preparation of forms supporting approved transactions, initiation of funding, and preparation of leasing and remote document systems input. Support the Customer Service Support Manager by providing training and direction to other Contract Administrators. Responsible for system related development, implementation and training.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives requests from the Sales and Credit area to prepare final financing documents.
- Assists in the preparation of complex documentation involving leases, installment sales, and financing packages.
- Verifies existing and enters additional contract information into the remote documents system prior to printing at the Caterpillar dealership, or in the office for distribution to the dealership.
- Manages the e-document templates and e-signing process.
- Maintains a follow-up system to ensure timely return of documents to CFSC and follows up with dealers and customers as needed.
- Reviews returned document packages for completeness and accuracy. If additional information or documents are needed, communicates with the customer or dealer to obtain such information.
- May track receipt of and proper filing of documents related to new business and renewals of previously booked business.
- May review searches for liens conflicting with our security position.
- Verifies insurance coverage to complete the document file. If additional documents are needed, contacts the customer or dealer.
- Inputs transactions into the leasing system to prepare for funding. If the contract is out of balance, coordinates with the Credit Analyst for correction.
- Prepares operational reports.
- Performs and coordinates various Operations team’s systems support activities including, but not limited to, software testing, conducts or coordinates the training internally and externally, liaise with Caterpillar IT consultants or external system consultants in order to improve and optimize the systems used in the Credit Department. Coordinates with vendors on system upgrades.
- Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
- Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance/leasing products, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financing documentation procedures and financing principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to credit and leasing
- Demonstrated knowledge billing and invoicing procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective oral, written, and listening communication skills with dealers, customers, company personnel, and the financial communities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage numerous tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and the ability to apply math computation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and the ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain spreadsheets.
- Ability to use a typewriter and/or keyboard for 75% of the workday.
- Demonstrated ability to perform general office tasks.
- Conversational level of English speaking and writing.
A 4-year university degree or equivalent diploma and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in contract, credit or customer services administration is recommended.