Logistics / Transportation Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2020
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, Lead and Coordinate Logistics OPACC Improvement portfolio projects across multiple, cross functional work teams delivering end-to-end value chain improvements
- Provide analysis and recommendations to Excavation Division (EXD) related to Transportation or Logistics practices and procedures to ensure timely and accurate movement of shipments.
- Identify, implement and monitor process improvements that will enable operations to improve the transportation/logistics network, reduce risk, and enhance the ability to become a more high-velocity and optimal cost organization
- Support HEX facility efforts to improve Logistics performance
- Stay abreast of new Logistics service providers entering the industry that may offer service advantages and value-added services to Excavation
- Global Liaison with PSLD (Product Support & Logistics Division) Logistics to ensure EXD has an efficient network to manage Inbound components to HEX Facilities, machines to End Customer or Dealer Location and Quality, Velocity, Cost improvements for HEX product at Global EPC’s (Equipment Processing Centers) and work with PSLD to create EXD specific logistics strategy
- Ensure GTOC (Ground Transportation Operations), GMM (Global Materials Management), TLM (Trade Lane Management), EPC (Equipment Processing Centers), Last Mile Capacity Management while ensuring Cost / Velocity Trade Off Optimization
- Champion continuous improvement projects to reduce the freight cost per machine
- College or university degree related to Supply Chain / Logistics or Transportation, or equivalent experience
- Should have demonstrated project management skills, team leadership skills, and very good communication skills
- Capable of leading projects and presenting to stakeholders at all levels
- Must be a results-oriented change agent who is an effective business systems thinker.
- Must be able to manage risk and ambiguity on a project.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively across the matrix organization and keep an enterprise mindset
- Minimum of six to ten years of progressively responsible supply chain / logistics or transportation job experience
** Must be willing to travel up to 20% upon business needs.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified
individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with
disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or
will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J,
E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities
outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.