This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Yatala, QLD, Australia
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2020
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a Senior Inventory Analyst, you will support the Caterpillar Logistics effort in achieving the dealer’s inventory/
customer service objectives in a manner consistent with Caterpillar Logistics objectives through project work.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing business and system support to dealers on PIC system.
- Provide standard Service Analysis and Loss Analysis as well as execute additional standardized analysis packs for PIC dealers for their regularly scheduled review process.
- Provide an objective level of customer service for the dealers/customers at a minimal investment
- Achieve the inventory turns and service targets defined by the dealer and business unit
- Resident Inventory Management (IM) expert for the dealer business and provides IM leadership and guidance to the business unit and dealer teams
- Take the overall dealer situation into account and coordinate the efforts of business unit/dealer operations, IM, systems, transportation, and upper management
- Monitor and report the dealer's inventory/customer service and work at the detail level to implement improvement projects.
- Lead green belt led projects and to serve as Subject Matter Expert on other projects
- Leads small teams on special projects and uses extensive PIC knowledge to facilitate meetings on PIC improvements.
- Specific projects may include but not limited to investigating reasons for service loss, explaining inventory growth, assessing the value of alternative stocking rules, and determining impact on dealer Inventory
- Green Belt / Subject Matter Expert (SME) on most 6 Sigma Projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering or related field
- 5+ years of previous technical experience in materials management
- Strong understand of Caterpillar Parts Operations
- Excellent analytical/problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of groups including IT and dealers
- Skills in data mining (SAS preferable but not required)
- Supply Chain and Inventory Management concepts
Location of this role is in Australia or Singapore (applicants to indicate which location they are applying for in their cover letter).
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Citizen or hold Australian Permanent Residency. Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas.