As a Production Scheduler at Caterpillar, you will develop and manage a production scheduling process to maximize efficiency and optimize use of resources/assets internally while retaining enough flexibility to ensure that all customer needs are met in a timely and cost effective way. You are responsible to attain key supply chain performance metrics across velocity and order-to-delivery.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develops a production plan to accommodate customer demand within practical production capabilities
* Balances conflicting objectives of employment stability, efficient manufacturing and appropriate inventory levels to develop the production plan
* Develops schedules for each prime product configuration, attachments and related products.
* Monitors external issues thatimpact scheduling, including:
· work stoppage at key suppliers
· legal issues related to manpower
· opening, closing and softening of markets due to economic and political situations
* Develops availability and inventory strategies that satisfy product needs of the Annual Business Plan shipment forecast.
* Assists facility supply chain leaders in developing inventory strategies to reconcile fluctuating demand and the need for factory stability while minimizing inventory investment.
* Monitors the production plan and modifies as needed to maintain acceptable product availability and inventory levels.
* Collects, monitors and analyzes actual results against business variables of the Annual Business Plan forecasts such as:
· sales to users
· factory and dealer inventory.
* Adjusts ABP forecast for supply constraints such as machinery, equipment, manpower, etc.
* Leads and manages a project team inside the facility
* Works closely with corporate supply chain groups to ensure robust capacity planning and constraint management is completed
* Allocates product in short supply based on margin, forecasts, large project requirements, special customers, etc.
* Provides subject matter expertise to project teams addressing supply constraints, performing impact analysis and data.
* Reviews scheduling activities for commercial entity products not scheduled at facility to ensure schedules are consistent with product strategies.
* Develops phasein / phaseout schedule plans for New Product Introduction.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
3+ years of Supply Chain experience
2+ years of Scheduling experience
Top candidates will also have:
Strong customer focus and ability to influence
Ability to quickly understand technology changes and drive advancement within the organization
Ability to understand both technology and business domains
Knowledge of business operations including the technical infrastructures and general business processes
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers