Job Title: Senior EHS Associate
Annual Salary: £35,706-£44,632 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays and up to 5 service days, 10% Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Childcare Vouchers, Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Location: Peterlee, County Durham
Hours: Full Time - 36.50
Travel: None associate with this role
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st October
Job Reference: 200005FL
Caterpillar Peterlee is the worldwide source of Cat® Articulated Trucks, currently producing a 6-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates. The facility's manufacturing activities use the latest computer analysis techniques, robotic technology and a state-of-the-art paint plant. Machines from the site are shipped to customers around the world.
About Caterpillar Peterlee EHS:
ISO14001 & 45001 certified, safety is the number one priority. The facility has achieved consecutive record levels of EHS performance year on year. With a mixture of procedural and cultural safety projects undertaken, we have initiated an EHS management system that is established and mature but has opportunities going forward.
To support the Caterpillar Peterlee EHS team in driving forward with your EHS goals. Ensuring we support all areas of the business while maintaining internal & external compliance standards.
Job Duties may include but are not limited to:
- The key role of EHS senior Associate position is to move from learning and assisting others to learning to contribute independently under the guidance of the EHS Manager.
- Expected to be familiar with the company’s values, processes and methodologies.
- Make decisions on routine with limited risk issues that may affect the facility.
- Meet expectations in delivering results, learn to consider alternative courses of actions using strong change management skills, make timely decisions and develop relationships between the EHS team and other areas.
- Manage several assignments allowing them to gain experience in multiple EHS functions.
- Apply theory and concept in the assigned area while cooperating with cross functional teams to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Build an understanding of how and why decisions are made within their work group and organisation. They may be responsible for applying those decisions to design, development or maintenance of a process, analysis of data or test results, application of a system, etc.
- Manage their own development (with Management support), continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology and regulatory changes. Key learning comes from gaining experience in people, product, process and systems definition, selecting the most appropriate tools and techniques for a project and collaborating with people who work outside of EHS as well as technical communication and documentation.
- Perform structured assignments that require some interpretation of data and regulations, identification of problem sources and possible remedial actions.
· Applies standard techniques involving innovations of methodology to perform well-defined assignments
· Supporting internal and external compliance auditing
· Maintaining legal compliance
· Supporting and leading EHS projects to achieve goals and targets
· Support Leadership communications
· Supporting auditing, waste walks, investigations and identifying improvement opportunities
· Contributes to the development of an EHS management system
· Rollout and develop training material
· Managing post incident management
· Management of EHS electronic systems
· Completes EH&S reports for review and submission
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, qualifications and experiences which you will have:
- A minimum of a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- A good understanding of COSHH, ATEX, emergency planning and testing, ISO certification experience.
- Have exhibited the ability to begin working independently & with teams.
- Lead EHS projects from concept to delivery.
- Be able to evidence the development of an EHS management system.
- Have undertaken proactive EHS tasks that have had measurable improvements.
- Must have outstanding communications and people management skills.
- An understanding of change management.
- Extensive IT skills.
Skills, qualifications and experiences which you may have:
- Transferable EHS experience
- Knowledge and experience of Lean tools and techniques/6 sigma
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process