Human Resources Supervisor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Spokane, WA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2020
Caterpillar. You probably know the name from our big yellow earthmoving machines. But did you also know that Caterpillar, besides being the undisputed world leader for construction and mining equipment, is also number one for diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines?
Caterpillar's Product Support and Logistics Division is seeking a Human Resources Supervisor in Spokane, WA.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Administer the new employee selection process
- Serve as liaison with the surrounding local community
- Develop, prepare and disseminate an effective employee communication program
- Review training needs, develops materials for implementation and conducts training if required
- Advise and counsel personnel on all employee performance related concerns and administer discipline as required.
- Advise leadership team on positive management initiatives
- Oversee all compensation processes including Kronos, gainshare, and annual wage survey
- Administer all HR compliance related processes
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 - 3 years or 5 - 8 years of progressive HR job related experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Possess a strong understanding of HR policies/procedures
- Must have the proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Requires an awareness and expertise in many areas of human resources, labor relations, benefits, compensation, personnel and training with a working knowledge of operations
- Demonstrated proficiency in internal investigations
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders
- Must possess strong human relations and communications skills, along with organization
- General understanding of the Caterpillar organization, products, and experience working with customers
- Ability to drive human resource and talent management efforts forward leveraging excellent influence abilities and skills, knowledge of the business, and managing conflict successfully
- Excellent collaboration skills within the business
- PHR or SPHR Certification
- Experience providing HR support in Operations
- Project and Change Management experience
- Experience in the area of talent development
- Experience working with Sharepoint
- Strong ability to analyze data and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.