This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Houston, TX, United States
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2020
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for an Aftermarket Parts Representative - Oil & Gas located in Houston, Texas. As an Aftermarket Parts Rep at Caterpillar, you will Drive revenue and growth for the aftermarket solutions business (to incl. parts, service, reman) in line with industry strategy in the Texas territory, communicated targets and by following established sales processes focused on the end customer. This will be achieved in close collaboration with the respective dealer(s) where the incumbent under direction of ASR management will provide leadership, guidance and counsel to optimize dealer’ sales force and sales processes effectiveness, in addition to leveraging opportunity management systems and processes to Caterpillar’s benefit, while recognizing and respecting independence of dealer.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Accountable for identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems in assigned industry
* Performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems that are more strategic in nature
* Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, identifying and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills
* Direct work with other Caterpillar units, customers, and possibly suppliers require incumbent to demonstrate skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise
* Counsel dealers in developing increased human performance capability
* Provide guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures within one industry
* Assist dealers on forecast, sales/rental/used strategy planning and sales techniques; supporting rollout of new products (e.g., products, parts, customer service agreements, other service products)
* Analyze and communicate marketplace and competitive activity to Caterpillar personnel and dealers
* Analyze product application, configuration and utilization that provide the best solution for a customer
* Assist dealers with business planning within one industry
* Create and promote programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization
* Develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
* Understand and keep current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization
* Responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc.
Standard job duties include:
* Develop and implement aftermarket solutions industry account plans for assigned high-opportunity customer accounts
* Adopt and be an advocate for sales funnel management methods
* Optimize parts sales variance utilization within assigned budget to drive incremental top line revenue and deliver business plan
* Partner with dealers’ Parts & Service Sales Managers and their PSSR/ISR/Parts Counter organization to influence sales force effectiveness
* Identify and communicate opportunities for improving aftermarket solutions sales management, marketing and operational capabilities at assigned dealers
* Interact with Caterpillar global or regional account management to achieve growth of aftermarket solutions goals with specific customers (as applicable)
* Understand Caterpillar’s business model and act within the business process guidance on review and approval for variance programs and commercial actions
* Able to identify new customer needs and stimulate breakthrough solutions
* Versatile in building the value proposition Industry/ market knowledge
* Deep understanding of the business environment and competitive landscape *
* Excellent knowledge of competitors offering
* Advanced use of sales tools (eg lead generation) & internal systems (eg quoting, pricing, technical researchF)
* Brings extensive best practice experience to improve dealer sales effectiveness
* College degree required
* 5+ years of experience with Aftermarket Parts and Services
Top Candidates will also have:
* Oil & Gas industry experience
* Previous distribution experience
* Demonstrated the ability to work independently, to communicate effectively and to influence others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers
* Demonstrated the ability to work on larger scale, more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments
Relocation assistance is available for this position
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.