At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Maintenance Components Facility Manager in Menominee, MI.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Specialty Products designs and manufactures quality wear and maintenance components which exceed Caterpillar customer's expectations, such as: Fluids & Filters, Hose & Couplings, and Seals, Tubes & Hardware. We are dedicated to continuously maintaining a world-class end-to-end supply chain network with a footprint of more than 15 global facilities. The Menominee, MI facility manufactures and assembles couplings.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leads a facility with a focus on LEAN manufacturing, providing material and/or product primarily for Caterpillar locations or units with some direct external customer demand
- Establishes policies, priorities and procedures with counsel from the business unit and division administration
- Motivates and trains subordinates along with directing the work force on various policy and operating issues
- Communicates with various Business Unit and Division Administrative personnel to review and update policy; financial reports, accounting practices and other financial issues; vendors on establishing new suppliers and to resolve production problems and price issues, etc.
- Develops and manages the business plan, and manages the various processes, including customer orders, material procurement, scheduling and monitoring manufacturing/assembly operations, ensuring customer satisfaction, developing and maintaining processes, managing the operating systems and maintaining the facility
- Prepares and manages the expense budget for the facility
- Approves all items which affect the budget including overtime, tooling, indirect materials, subcontractors, inventory levels, personnel levels, etc.
- Contributes to the planning and scheduling of product for maximum efficiency and ensures efficient integration of factory, material distribution, maintenance and quality to achieve profitable operations of assigned areas
- Ensures the levels of raw materials and work in progress are properly controlled and managed through the implementation of best practice Lean Management
- Ensures the development and maintenance of facility environmental compliance policies, state and local permits, and facility equipment to ensure facility adherence to corporate and federal environmental and safety guidelines
- Develops, supports and maintains facility equipment maintenance plans and contracts to ensure availability, safety and quality
- Ensures the manufacture of quality products at competitive prices and strives for continual improvement of operations to reduce costs and improve return on assets
- Manages all human resources functions of the facility, including PMI, hiring, training programs, team formation and makeup, promotions, disciplinary action up to and including dismissal
- Represents Caterpillar in the local community
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Technical understanding of manufacturing and/or operations
- 8+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Previous leadership experience
Top candidates will also have:
- Demonstrated management, motivational and problem solving skills along with good human relations and communications skills
- Working knowledge of Caterpillar and Corporate security functional areas, policies and procedures
- Experience with solid business management skills and lean processes and tools knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in culture/engagement improvement
This position does offer relocation.
This position requires 10% or less travel.
This posting will close on October 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.