Warehouse Associate - Part-time -- Off Shifts (Spokane, WA)
Location: Spokane, WA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2020
Position Starts at $15.50 per hour (plus a $0.75 shift premium for 2nd and 3rd shift)
Choice 1- Monday-Friday 2pm-6pm
Choice 2- Saturday 10am-8:30pm and Sunday 2pm-12:30am
Choice 3- Monday-Friday 10pm-2:00am
As a Part-time Warehouse Associate at Caterpillar Inc., you will work from a variety of source documents to verify part numbers, part locations and quantities. In addition to counting parts and filling orders, you will conduct first line, basic quality assessment of parts for damage and defects.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts and overhead cranes
- Perform material handling and warehousing functions
- Order filling, processing, storing/ picking of parts, materials, equipment and supplies
- Operating automated packaging equipment, paint line operation, shipping and receiving
Caterpillar is not currently hiring
individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for
employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global
company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which
can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals -
including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are
encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not available for this
position. Any relocation costs incurred
would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
- One year of any kind of previous work or volunteer experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
- Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
- Work at heights of up to 20 feet from the floor
- Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- Walk squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes, with or without reasonable accommodation
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Previous distribution center, warehouse, and/or order filling experience
- Experienced with operation of materials handling equipment
- Position Starts at $15.50 per hour (plus a $0.75 shift premium for all but 1st shift)
- Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances, including marijuana.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
- Position is in Spokane, Washington
- Candidate must be 18 years of age