Since 1955 Caterpillar has been a staple in Decatur, IL and is one of the area's largest employers. We are a major contributor to the local United Way, Limitless Decatur, and other community organizations, helping our home area with monetary donations and volunteer hours. We are proud to be the largest Caterpillar facility in North America. Our product lines include Large Mining Trucks, Large Wheel Loaders, and Wheel Tractor Scrapers.
As a Product Painter at Caterpillar, you will paint prime products and/or transportation equipment, while maintaining a quality finish that is free of runs, sags, etc.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Finish paints prime products and/or transportation equipment utilizing HVLP application guns
* Detail finished product
* Repair paint defects
* Maintain quality finish, free of defect
* Inspect, test, clean, repair and service spray guns and other spray painting equipment
* Mix and maintain paint supplies
* Operate HVLP and complaint paint equipment
* Operate pneumatic air tools, man-lifts, and pressure wash equipment
* Handle pre-treatment chemicals
* Prior experience in a warehouse or similar environment
* Strong commitment to safety and teamwork
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work at heights
* Experience using respirators and/or supplied air
Top Candidates will also possess:
* Experience with industrial or automotive spray painting
* Experience working man-lifts, lift-a-lofts, and/or JLG equipment
*Position is on 2nd Shift - Evenings or 3rd Shift - Nights
*Position is located in Decatur, IL - No relocation package is offered.
*These are supplemental positions. There is no vacation / holiday pay and there are limited benefits. Candidates can and may be placed on any shift at any time.
*This positions pays $18.43/hr with a $.30 shift premium for working an off shift
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, and O.
Caterpillar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process