The Social Media and Content Marketing Specialist will support
our brand content marketing team across: social media content and metrics,
earned media monitoring and metrics, the creation of brand marketing materials
and dealer communications, editorial calendar organization and more to deliver
a positive Cat customer experience.
- Coordinates Brand social
media presence across channels, partnering with internal partners and brand
team members to drive increased customer interest, consideration and
creates and owns content stories across social platforms collaborating
with Corporate Affairs and HR Brand teams as well as Enterprise business
partners; manages creative resources and budgets as needed.
social media calendar across platforms and schedules posts.
social media content from across the enterprise (regularly monitoring
industry social media accounts and other content sources) as well as
tracks and analyzes social metrics monthly across channels to help team measure
platform performance and gain insights on our target audience; monitors trends
in performance and advises on potential optimizations across channels with
- Coordinates Brand responses to social
media comments and questions (partnering with social customer care team), and
actively monitors fan posts for opportunities to share and respond with brand
- Ensures all content is on message and
- Owns creation of two brand
email newsletters monthly, sourcing content (copy + graphics) from extended
Brand team and working with external agency partners.
- Coordinates and creates internal
and dealer communications for extended Brand Marketing team including: drafting
and sending communications and sample content, as well as utilizing internal
content management platforms to distribute.
- Drafts articles and
content for Cat.com to support content marketing and writing needs; edits content
- Owns content schedule for
home page of Cat.com.
- Oversees Trade
Press coverage monitoring for internal clients (business units), tagging
and report-out including: leveraging online platform(s) to review
coverage, evaluating messaging and identifying what
products/services/technologies/press releases/SMEs are quoted.
- Reviews print publications for mentions,
including products/services/technology mentions as well as SMEs quoted.
- Cross-checks known interview requests,
adding coverage to tracker as needed.
- Visits individual publications websites
looking for Cat and competitor coverage.
- Assists with tracking the messaging landscape
across key product competitors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years social media and/or content marketing experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Capable content creator with demonstrated social media
- Deep understanding of content development and social media best
practices across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn & Twitter.
- Ability to create content across a wide range of digital
properties and varying target audiences.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences
consume and how to create it, optimizing the path to conversion
- Experience with content publishing and social media listening
and analytics tools
- Project management experience, being able to own projects from
conception to completion with keen attention to detail and organization.
- Demonstrates understanding of our brand team’s due goals of
both growing and protecting the Cat brand.
- Collaborative mindset to best work with a varied group of
stakeholders internally and externally.
- The preferred location is Peoria or Chicago, IL, however,
remote candidates will be considered on a case by case
This employer is not currently
hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship
tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified
individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with
disabilities - are encouraged to apply.