Location: Thiruvallur, TN, India
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2020
As an Engineer, you will be responsible for Current Product Improvement (CPI) of hydraulic system solutions for Building Construction Products (Backhoe loader, Small Wheel Loader, Skid Steer Loader, Compact Wheel Loader, Mini hydraulic excavator, Small Track Type Tractor) to meet quality and reliability requirements. You will be involved in solving technical problems while growing your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with global teams and SME’s to provide hydraulic system solution. You will continually learn and stay abreast of technological advancements. You will also continue to grow your professional network.
Job Duties / Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Leading development of new hydraulic system or revisions to existing products in order to improve the reliability of components
· Address field failures, Warranty claims, factory issues, Cost reduction project requires evaluation / redesign of components
· Analyse field failure components using 6 Sigma Methodology to provide ICA & PCA.
· Interface with dealer to get the necessary data for field failure parts
· Maintain product health by resolving CPI problems, will interface with global and regional supplier
· Perform and document hydraulic design calculations, including simulations and advanced analysis for new designs and design revisions. Lead product design reviews and follow through on recommended changes
· Communicate design decisions to stakeholders, suppliers and team members
· Perform hydraulic system performance data analysis using outputs of analytical tools and test data
· Perform process validation at the supplier end
· Responsible for component drawing release and maintenance, creating and
managing Component BOM.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Automobile Engineering
· Relevant Work Experience: 9 – 14 Years
· Experience in Hydraulic systems and/or components, preferably in mobile hydraulics
· Strong analytical skills & communication skills
· Knowledge in hydraulic system simulation tool
· Active participation in a technical society (SAE, IEEE etc.)
· Experience in publishing technical documents in the forums
· Incumbent should possess working knowledge on Creo
· Requires adequate knowledge on general engineering practices and Teamcenter engineering enterprise
· Experience in hydraulic system and component level testing
· A thorough technical knowledge of the hydraulic system the incumbent is managing, that includes system design, test and evaluation, monitoring the manufacturing methods and processes.