Job Title: Manufacturing Operations Section Manager (Cab Lines)
Salary: £35,700 - £40,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 10% Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Hours: Full Time - 37
Travel: Not required
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Monday 12 October
Job Reference: 200004F
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company. You power is our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
At Caterpillar, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment that values and respects the unique talents, experiences and viewpoints of our global employees. Our vision is to continually develop the Best Team to build innovative solutions for our global customers, deliver superior results for our stockholders and positively impact the people and communities we serve.
Caterpillar’s Section Manager position leads teams and supervises people in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes
- Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules
- Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
- Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements;
- Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate;
- Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others; and
- Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training.
- Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
- Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles;
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members;
- Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
- Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics;
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Demonstrated operational management experience
- Previous proven experience in people development and employee engagement action planning.
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving techniques
- Confident in performance management.
- Able to work with a diverse group of employees and customers, Caterpillar's workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing facility
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.