This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Shanghai, 31, China
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2020
JOB PURPOSE: To achieve marketing and sales performance targets by improving marketing and sales capabilities, customer experience, productivity and efficiency and reduce distribution costs.
JOB DUTIES: The key role of this assignment is applying previous field experience and knowledge of middle speed engine or related equipments/solutions to obtain prime product sales orders on MaK engines and packages from customers in East Asia (mainly China but not limited to) . The incumbent is very familiar with MaK product features and the company’s processes, systems and methodologies. Incumbent is accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of prime sales opportunities and by managing customer relationship and promotional sales & marketing activities, with substantial commercial sense, to bring the sales orders. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, considering and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills. Incumbents will work more directly with other Caterpillar facilities, peers, dealers, customers, and suppliers.
Primary roles of the incumbent include:
· Executing MaK sales & marketing and customer-related strategies, activities, systems and processes
· Working independently or with sales support engineers in developing technical and commercial solutions for customers on specific newbuild projects.
· Negotiating with customers on terms and conditions to achieve contracting on prime sales orders, under vetting procedures from internal organizations.
· Advising on existing and potential customer experience issues and improvement measures such as recommending ways to enhance market coverage and customer experience through communicating, coordinating, technology enabled and bundled solutions, etc.
· Overseeing and promoting programs that increase sales while achieving price realization and profit margins
· Continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified capabilities and skills.
Individuals in this position must understand and keep current on customer needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. They are responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, customer satisfaction, overall segment growth, process improvement, etc. Incumbents apply their knowledge of products, technology, industry, and product support, in support of Caterpillar and customer expectations and needs. Incumbents may provide direction to less experienced personnel.
Incumbents, along with their manager, will direct their development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from continued experience in the assigned territory or industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis techniques, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities. Incumbents must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar and customer needs.