At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Transportation Analyst III position located at our Morton, IL facility.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a Transportation Analyst III you will manage the Transportation Service Provider services provided by Caterpillar contracted service providers for the shipment of Caterpillar components and machines domestically and overseas.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Scope, design, operate, day-to-day services and implement transportation service solutions. Coordinate problem resolution with Caterpillar facilities and approved Service Providers with regards to transportation services. Identify, develop and administer the implementation of improved transportation methods that support Caterpillar's cost and service objectives and goals, to ensure best results for Caterpillar and Cat Dealer organizations. Incumbent identifies, develops, leads and executes the implementation of transportation projects that support Caterpillar's cost and service objectives, to ensure best results for Caterpillar.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves problems with shipments to ensure accurate and on-time delivery to facilities, and develops initiatives to improve service and lower cost. Manages the performance of these Service Providers through Key Performance Indicators to meet cost and service performance expectations from Caterpillar facilities, Suppliers and Distribution Centers. Identifies, analyzes, develops and implements improved transportation methods that support Caterpillar's quality, velocity and cost objectives. Identifies areas of possible cost savings or improvements in service, associated with the contracted Service Providers. Coordinates impact analysis and implementation of cost-effective solutions with Providers. To coordinate and provide expertise for various GSND Logistics regional and global transportation modeling and management projects to support internal and external Clients.
- Provides complex transportation analysis by utilizing specific tools and advices to direct supervisor and groups within and outside the incumbents work area. Responsible to initiate and execute transportation cost improvements within the business unit.
- Identifies areas of potential cost savings and/or service improvements for Cat facilities. Leads impact analysis with providers, communicates results to immediate workgroup and implements cost effective solutions. Incumbent works with the facilities, account management and commercial groups to direct work for employees dedicated to this project
- The position manages the completion of its own work assignments with limited supervision and, identifies, engages and coordinates work with others.
- Typical internal Clients include the position's work group, immediate supervisor and Cat facility personnel. Most of the problems faced by the position are different to those faced before and not necessarily follow a pattern. The incumbent resolves issues by making appropriate decisions with limited instructions and review to select the best solution from a few choices. Jobholder can change the order of the job's tasks within the job's established work routines to better serve facilities. Work is reviewed after completion, except in the complex or high impact situations. Jobholder looks for better ways of doing the work routines, but the supervisor or team approves suggestions before Jobholder makes changes.
- Moderate travel required, less than 20%, of working time
- Provide operational transportation assistance to support shipments moving between Caterpillar facilities
- 4-year university degree OR
- 3+ years of experience in Operations, Distribution, Transportation, and Traffic in Supply Chain Logistics
Top Candidates will also have:
- Knowledge of rate management systems, procurement tools, and Blue Yonder TMS
- Continuous Improvement mindset is highly desired.
- Strong understanding of international supply chain, both physical flow and data flow including truck and rail carriers.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel both inside and outside the Company and must have some degree of analytical skills.
- Well organized, a self-motivated and can multitask against multiple deadlines.
- Excellent human relations skills are required to co-ordinate activities, change processes, identify improvements and cost saving ideas with service providers, internal and external Clients.
- Personal computer skills and familiarity with various transport & network design software packages (i.e. i2, CAST) may be required.
- Jobholder is in frequent contact with people outside of work group to give or obtain information. It is important for jobholder to express them self clearly.
This position does not offer relocation
This position requires 20% or less travel.
Must be willing to work off-shift and/or weekends as needed
This posting will close on WEEKDAY, Month/DAY, YEAR at 11:59 pm CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.