Section Manager - 2nd Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Boonville, MO, United States
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2020
At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Section Manager 2nd Shift in Boonville, MO.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a Section Manager you will supervise and provide leadership to Team Leads assigned to manufacturing areas.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Determines processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements
- Determines priorities and schedules the sequence of jobs
- Determines overtime needs, determines priorities when resources are insufficient, and decides when disciplinary action is necessary
- Ensures production meets quality / cost standards
- Ensures necessary parts and materials are ordered and distributed in a timely and efficient manner
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
- Works to improve processes, timeliness and reduce costs by eliminating non-value-added activities
- Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule
- Implements various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification, etc
- Monitors and improves safety on the shop floor; eliminating any unsafe operations and ensuring a safe and clean production environment
- Evaluates, assesses, and identifies training needs of the workforce
- Ensures training and effective utilization of work force
- Performs the following CPS-related duties:
- Accountability for value stream mapping
- Resource allocation to meet requirements
- Trains and models the CPS Guiding Principles
- Deploys process improvement dialogues
- Deploys Root Cause Corrective Action on issues that arise and drive continuous improvement
- Reports section status and monitors and audits related metrics
- Leads efforts to develop and deploy standard work for each work area
- Minimum 1 year prior supervisory or team lead experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment
- Proficient with PCs and MS Office Suite
- Prior experience with SAP
- Flexibility to provide support for other shifts as necessary·
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good human relations, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with materials and quality objectives
- Previous experience with lean manufacturing processes and tools, machine shop operations, equipment and processes
- Current knowledge of Caterpillar remanufacturing or logistics processes
- 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
This is a 2nd shift position: Mon-Fri 3pm-11:30pm
This position may offer relocation for a top candidate.
This position requires 5% or less travel.
This posting will close on Sunday,
October 11, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.