Location: Santa Catarina, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2020
As an Embedded Product Analytics Engineer, you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
The successful candidate will be required to work across a broad number of innovative projects focused on digital based analytics with smart sensor technology for condition monitoring/predictive maintenance. This position will assist in the control and monitoring development for new products in a rapidly growing market.
may include, but are not limited to:
* Research and develop new technology/condition monitoring systems and software
* Development, evaluation, and deployment of new condition monitoring features, diagnostic algorithms, optimization algorithms, tools, and technologies
* Testing and Validation of the condition monitoring algorithms for new products using Software-in-the-Loop (SIL) & Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulations
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other Caterpillar business units
* Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or Electrical/Electronics Engineering with 2+ years of engineering experience related or Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Electronics Engineering and 5+ years of engineering experience related
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and process partners
* Good planning and organizing skills
* Strong English and Spanish language and writing skills
* Extensive experience in MathWorks MATLAB/Simulink
* Experience with programing languages such as Python or C/C++
* Expertise in Machine Learning techniques such as regression analysis, support network machines, neural networks, and deep learning.
* Knowledge of mobile sensing technologies and IoT devices
* Experience with data analysis/analytics, cleansing and transforming data, exploratory analysis, and predictive analytics
* Experience and knowledge of control systems, linear, nonlinear, and adaptive.
* Experience and knowledge with embedded software implementation based on multi-tasking real-time operating systems and/or Linux based operating systems
* Experience and knowledge with GIT version control
* In depth knowledge of Hydraulics and transmission systems
* Experience of Software development tools and service tools
* Be able to design and implement diagnostics into control designs efficiently by understanding failure modes
* Be able to Use MathWorks’ m-script language to define datatypes, model interfaces, and map/tune data
* High degree of innovation and entrepreneurship ability