This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Schertz, TX, United States
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2020
Build more than machines. Build a career.
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
As a Quality Inspector, you will perform the duties associated with the Quality inspection of engine blocks and cylinder heads machined for Caterpillar Diesel Engines. Quality Inspectors report to Section Managers and will be assigned to departments within the business to meet customer and company demands.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Perform product cleanliness tests
* Learn and utilize quality software and databases
* Inspect parts using CMM to verify they meet required specifications
* Read process sheets and prints to determine if CMM reports are in tolerance
* Inspect parts using various profilometers to verify surface finish meets requirements
* Perform gauge verifications and repairs on various gauges including bore gauges, thread gauges, ring masters, torque wrenches, etc.
* Follow standard operating procedures and area specific work instructions
* Provide information to supervisors and managers about processes within assigned area
* All other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to perform repetitive operations
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.