At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as Procurement Manager - Bearings in Mossville, IL.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a Procurement Manager - Bearings you will serve as the primary contact between Caterpillar and the supply base for global/regional initiatives, including filling the functional seat for commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers, being the recognized expert for his or her assigned portion of the global category, support development and execution of global category strategies, and drive performance excellence in Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) through direct leverage with the supply base partnering with Supplier Development Professional (SDP) personnel and Product/Facility Procurement organizations.
- Manage the supplier relationship for that supplier’s location including but not limited to Supplier Relationship Mgmt., Supplier Performance Mgmt., Cost Mgmt., Risk Mgmt., and Category Network Mgmt.
- Direct the development, and/or communication and implementation of, regional, or worldwide sourcing strategy.
- Responsible for development, management and execution of the global category strategy managing policies, agreements, source catalogs, and special procurement programs.
- Provide leadership for strategic sourcing- qualified supply network, business continuity, supplier risk management – capacity & financial, logistics, contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost/spend management – TCA assurance, supplier on boarding/off boarding, lead/response time optimization and resource management decisions.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and purchasing new product introduction activities within Purchasing.
- Demonstrate leadership in recognizing the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
- Mentor and develop other Buyers, SQEs, and Purchasing Analysts (where assigned).
- Develop and lead 6 Sigma Strategic Sourcing teams to fully understand the current performance of the supply network, evaluate strategic options, decide a course of action, and begin implementation.
- Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineers, to ensure continuous improvement in QCLDM with key suppliers.
- Build and foster mutually beneficial supplier relationships at all organizational levels.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university or 10+ years procurement experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience in at least one of the following areas: purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering
- 3+ years of previous category team or product team experience
- Previous leadership experience with the ability to direct teams, suppliers and customers to solutions
- 1+ years of project management experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership expertise
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles as applied by Caterpillar and our suppliers
- Finely honed negotiation skills, able to interpret, analyze and negotiate contractual cost elements
- Understanding of QCLDM
This position does not offer relocation.
This position requires 25% or less travel.
This posting will close on October 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.