Job Title: Learning & Development Consultant
Salary: £47,687 - £52,457 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough. Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 12% Bonus
Contributory pension scheme - company will double the employee's contribution up to 10%
Contributory share scheme – company match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage Discount Website access
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not provided for this role
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
Your future matters. Start building it here!
We know a decision to work for Caterpillar is a commitment of time and talent. In return, we work to provide a rewarding environment and experience for our teammates. Caterpillar wouldn't be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it.
To support the consultation, curation and creation of the best learning and development solutions for our employees within the Caterpillar Enterprise; this role provides an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated learning professional to collaborate across a diverse and global team,
This role will include providing deep L&D expertise and consultation to partners throughout the business; enabling them to develop and execute learning strategies to meet the specific needs of their business. In addition, this role will include design and deployment of learning focused on essential professional skills throughout the Enterprise. Learning solutions will involve an agile, just-in-time and blended approach, including leveraging technology enabled learning.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborate effectively with peers, process owners, as well as business, functional and HR partners, and external vendors to develop and implement Learning & Development solutions, considering the global nature of Caterpillar’s business.
• Lead research or benchmarking of internal and external best practices related to L&D solutions.
• Work independently and is accountable for accomplishing individual goals, seeking continuous feedback from a variety of sources throughout the process and altering the approach or solution as appropriate
• Align solutions and products with the enterprise strategy.
• Achieve project goals using performance consulting methodology by leading or participating on projects as a team member, or subject matter expert.
• Requires ability to pull together ideas, issues, and observations using a data-based approach, into a clear presentation or strategy which addresses potential risks and benefits.
• Utilize, monitor and continuously improve L&D product, processes, tools, systems and services. Includes creating and maintaining standard work.
• Continuously understand evolving business needs and the associated talent implications, then effectively propose L&D strategies to achieve learning outcomes to drive business results
• Assist with on-boarding new team members and building the L&D capabilities of HR professionals throughout the business
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Educated to degree level or possess an appropriate HR qualification or the equivalent practical work experience with a Learning and Development focus
• Deep expertise in shaping L&D strategies; in areas such as learning design, change management, organizational development, career development, culture, organizational effectiveness and learning technology.
• Knowledge of best practice within L&D, particularly regarding technology-enabled learning
• Expert communicator, proficient in building collaboration and respectful partnerships built on trust
• Experience of consulting and partnering across business functions
• Able to develop blended technology-enabled learning solutions across multi-regions and will be able to evaluate the impact of learning programmes against business need
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• CIPD qualified
• Experience of Workday Learning
• Experience of LinkedIn Learning
• Visual design and editing skills
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.