Special Account Representative I
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Support various customers and legal resources to recover outstanding accounts and bring timely resolution to accounts that have transferred to repossession, recovery or legal status.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position may be assigned functions of any other Special Accounts area.
- Reviews accounts that have been identified as non-collectable to establish account deficiency amounts and determine the most appropriate and cost effective means by which to pursue outstanding account balances.
- Analyzes the ability to collect on recovery accounts, collects deficiency balances and coordinates recovery efforts through collection agencies.
- Provides direction and leadership to the repossession, recovery or legal effort.
- Authorizes and conducts equipment repossessions, which includes authorizing legal correspondence and arranging for transportation and safe storage of the units.
- Develops and nurtures a strong working relationship with Caterpillar Dealers, Territory Managers and customers in an assigned portfolio.
- Collects sale proceeds on private sales.
- Contacts customers in an attempt to identify willingness to pay and to negotiate a lump sum balance payment, arrange a payment schedule, or negotiate a contract settlement.
- Evaluates the customer's credit worthiness if a payment schedule appears to be the best alternative for resolving an outstanding balance. To accomplish this, Dun & Bradstreet and credit bureau reports are reviewed and evaluated. If warranted, an individual asset search is completed.
- Serves as an active liaison between Caterpillar Financial Services Limited and the collection agencies to answer inquiries and resolve account issues promptly.
- When warranted, works with approved collection agencies in an effort to recover outstanding balances when direct customer contact has been unsuccessful. Subsequently approves payment schedules or negotiated contract settlement suggested by the collection agent.
- Monitors and calculates potential loss on accounts with input from Asset Management..
- Reports past due results and recommends additions, deletions and modifications to the Potential Credit Loss Report.
- Establishes account deficiency following the sale of equipment and subsequent collection of sale proceeds from the selling agent.
- Prepares standardized transmittal forms for transfer of accounts to legal status.
- Prepares documents necessary to write off the account balance following equipment liquidation and sends a notice of deficiency to the customer.
- Prepares and files Proof of Claim on bankruptcy cases.
- Based upon an analysis of accounts and customer assets, makes recommendation regarding the legal strategy for pursuing outstanding account balances.
- Coordinates with the Legal Department to provide information needed to issue judgments and garnishments and pursue litigation.
- Performs equipment audits on special accounts and authorizes and evaluates equipment inspections as needed.
- Monitors payments received from legal accounts and takes appropriate collection action when a delinquency has been identified.
- Monitors suspense payment balances originating from legal accounts.
- Performs buyout calculations on legal accounts.
- Prepares legal past due reports and statistics for submission to management.
- Provides the customer credit rating on charged off accounts to credit bureaus and other potential debtors.
- Reports individual collection activities to the Special Accounts Support Manager on a weekly and monthly basis or as requested.
- Prepares periodic status reports, summaries, statistics, results and historical reporting to Special Accounts staff and management on repossession, recovery or legal activities on accounts.
- Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
- Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
- Knowledge of and the ability to analyze customer credit summaries and past due accounts.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply financing and taxation principles.
- Knowledge of and the ability to prepare amortization schedules.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply effective written and verbal communication skills and the willingness to develop presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze, recommend and approve contracts for default and late charge waiver.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- General understanding of CFSL financing and leasing products an asset.
- General understanding of financing and leasing documentation principles.
- Knowledge of billing and invoicing concepts.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply collection techniques.
- Ability to participate in process improvements via continuous improvement methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complaint resolution with limited assistance or direct to appropriate level as necessary.
- Knowledge of PPSA filing requirements and the applicability to bankruptcy laws and regulations.
- Ability to sit, focus on computer screen, and type on a keyboard, and make contact with customers via telephone system for long periods of time (at least 2 hours).
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- French/english language skill an asset
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline is recommended. Previous work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education. Bilingual (French/English) an asset