With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar
is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment,
diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric
locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge
technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing
exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally
operates through three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource
Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related
services through its Financial Products segment.
The Large Power Systems Division currently has an opening for a Material Planning Analyst. In this role, you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and
schedules, and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. The
incumbent works with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility
production and point of use material availability. Ensures alignment of facility inventory accuracy and
inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
Job Duties / Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production using supplier collaboration technologies.
- Actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues.
- Analyzes established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders.
- Analyzes engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items.
- Manages and performs supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components.
- Supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Performs work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning.
- The ability to reliably work remotely via Caterpillar VPN connection is required.
- Minimal Travel Required.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain related field and/or 3+ years of equivalent Supply Chain experience.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Experience as a material planning analyst that includes: experience in managing all Material Planning strategies ( MRP, SAP, KANBAN, etc) and /or equivalent college course work
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics is desired
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma project management principles.
- Practical experience with Inventory Management Systems
- APICS or other professional certification with a Supply Chain focus
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Location of this position is Lafayette, IN
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- This position may require 10% travel
- This position will close on Friday, October 2, 2020 @ 11:59 PM CST
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.