This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Clayton, NC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2020
The BCP Electrical & Electronics Systems and Component Engineering Team is chartered to provide intelligent, reliable, cost effective Electrical and Electronics components and systems to BCP Prime Product Groups for use in Caterpillar machines across the world. Specifically, BHL, CWL, SSL/MTL/CTL, MHE, STTT and SWL.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for developing, delivering and maintaining electrical and electronics components for BCP product groups for use in future machines.
* Ability to contribute to every stage of the introduction process including; requirements capture, functional specifications, FMEA, design, development testing, validation and certification.
* With continued growth in this role, the expectation is to evolve from just contributing to contributing and leading the above activities.
* The role will interface heavily with sub-system engineering teams, internal and external suppliers and customers as well as the other departments within BCP Globally.
* Ability to travel primarily within the US, but not limited to international travel to other Caterpillar facilities and customer / supplier sites up to 25% of the time.
* Candidates require an accredited Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronic, software, computer or mechanical engineering
* A minimum of 5 years job-related experience in the field electrical/electronics
* A minimum of 3 years of experience is required in either the construction or similar mobile equipment industry
* Direct experience of designing, developing and introducing electrical and electronics components and systems in off-road mobile applications
* Must be a self-starter with strong technical skills and a desire to develop leadership skills
Hands-on practical technical experience, troubleshooting skills and a good appreciation of associated vehicle sub-systems such as hydraulics, engines and transmissions are also strongly desired
* Strong ability to communicate technical information effectively and professionally with team members and others in the work group, as well as managers, leaders, employees in other business units, customers and suppliers
Top candidates will also have:
* Experience of control systems, logic modelling and prototyping, functional safety, EMC, software integration is desired however a willingness to develop in this area is essential.
* Direct experience using Pro/E, Teamcenter data management systems, specifically for component modeling/concepting (to include non-metallics)
* Experience with 3D print technologies, detailing and releasing as well as a working knowledge and experience with Caterpillar electrical schematics
* Caterpillar engineering data systems (EDS), CPI and a strong experience of electrical / electronic component maintenance is also highly desirable.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers