This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2020
This is a paid, nine-week internship during the summer of 2021 in Nashville, TN. Housing will be provided.
Job Summary: Assist
in the development of detailed system specifications for major business or
technical support and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Apply
systems and/or infrastructure solutions to business/technical problems through
customer interactions, design, programming, debugging, testing, and
integration/implementation of automated information technology systems or
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: A wide variety of responsibilities may exist within the various IT units. Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following duties:
1. Performs all programming, development,
integration and system administration assignments without close
1. Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale at the time of application. Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA through graduation. GPA will be verified before the start of the internship.
2. Completed junior year in degree in related field.
1. Ability to work independently, as well as with other employees and customers
2. Knowledge of and ability to apply statistical analysis skills to measure, analyze and improve service
3. Ability to utilize office software systems and prepare documents, reports, spreadsheets and graphics
4. Strong communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
5. Knowledge of current technology in programming languages, infrastructure requirements, computing hardware and software environments, or current development processes and tools
6. Knowledge of the finance industry and experience in project leadership
About the Company
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.