This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2020
To manage talent acquisition team within a global business segment and contribute to the development and administration of global recruitment and human resources policies and procedures and be knowledgeable of global recruitment laws and regulations. Partner with division business and HR leadership to create and implement recruiting plans for the global segment based on business strategy and recruitment targets. Collaborate with key business partners to ensure process standards and policies are maintained, ensure recruiting processes are effective and implement process improvements.
JOB DUTIES: Reporting directly to this position are Talent Acquisition Managers. Responsibilities include the following:
Design and maintain global recruiting metrics for global leadership and to support the regional recruitment leaders with common reporting and metrics in order to communicate and support successful delivery of the recruitment process to the matrix business units the recruitment organization serves. Perform analysis of data to identify gaps and recommend solutions for closing same gaps; provide consultation to regional recruitment leaders and their teams. Direct team in benchmarking of internal and external best practices related to acquiring talent Caterpillar employee recruitment and 3rd party workers).
Develop training plans and solutions to offer regional recruitment leads and their team members on new recruitment tools and processes. Identify areas of professional development for the global recruiting organization; develop curriculum internally or identify and manage relationship with external vendor to provide certification development opportunities.
Govern the global recruitment organization through drive common metrics, reporting and goals, while allowing regional focus for recruiting related project specific for issues in each region. Work with regional recruitment leaders to ensure the quality and consistency of recruitment service is maintained regardless of region of the world. This will include the monitoring of global metrics used regionally.
Responsible for overseeing recruitment activities and managing resources within the entire business segment.
Facilitate global collaboration and recruiting process standardization in line with central governed processes, while ensuring alignment with the business needs.
Act as a liaison between the Global Talent Acquisition Governance, Functional Leaders and global segment business leaders.
Collaborate with Global Talent Acquisition Governance, Functional Leaders and other Recruiting Managers to conduct workforce planning and ensure alignment between global strategy and global recruiting targets
Ensure recruiting resources are utilized optimally by managing priorities and accordingly allocating resources where needed.
Liaise with customer organizations to understand their needs and ensure recruiting organization is providing required services and maintaining internal client satisfaction.
Be responsive to local business priorities, local culture and legal/regulatory requirements while aligning and defining global segment TA practices.
Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned.
TRAVEL: Travel is limited to moderate – up to 25%
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required with 10+ years’ experience in related field.
• Leadership: Experience dealing with senior business executives and leading cross-Business Unit or global teams.
• Relationship Building: Ability to collaborate other areas of HR/Talent Management Teams to support business needs.
• People/Resource Management: Demonstrated ability to lead regional/virtual team of resources from diverse countries/cultures in varying time zones, being sensitive to cultural and business differences.
• Program Management: Ability to oversee and manage complex, strategic, global and local initiatives. Preferable Six Sigma training or experience operating in a Six Sigma environment.
• Excellent Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal presentation skills. Fluency in English required.
• Global Skills: Ability to work and influence across cultures and continents
• Business Acumen: Ability to comprehend and contribute to business discussions as it relates to talent
Top Candidates May Also Have:
• Extensive background in the following human resources areas is typically required: labor relations, employee benefits, compensation, employment practices, employee communications, employee development, and training with a working knowledge of operations.
• Demonstrated ability to provide creative and non-traditional solutions to traditional HR challenges.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with difficult clients in high pressure situations
• Ability to design and execute diversity recruiting initiatives that accelerate the achievement of a workforce that mirrors the demographics in the countries in which we operate
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.