This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mossville, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 6, 2020
DescriptionSince 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world - making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries, and Energy & Transportation - and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.
Come join the Product Cybersecurity team for Caterpillar machines & engines. Our team is developing product cyber security solutions & software for Caterpillar Display, Telematics, Machine, Engine, & Autonomy product lines that will be used for years to come.
This candidate’s deliverables will span from the early research and development stages of ideation, experience and use case development, through development of Proof-of-Concept solutions, vehicle integration and finally delivery of features and processes to the Product Development teams. This position will be focused on implementing and advising on Cybersecurity solutions for current products while continually driving the organization’s strategy forward with improvements to the overall Cybersecurity footprint for all current and future Caterpillar products.
* BSEE, BSCE, BSCS, BS Systems Engineering, or BSME
* 6+ years of Cybersecurity experience that includes incident response, implementing detection methods, performing security evaluations, and vulnerability analysis (threat and attack analysis)
* 5+ years of progressive experience as an embedded control systems developer or systems engineer preferable in vehicles or engines
* 3+ years experience with common automotive communications protocols (e.g. CAN, J1939, FlexRay, MOST, and Ethernet).
* 3+ years experience developing software using cryptographic algorithms & strategies (Symmetric, Asymmetric, and HASH).
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Desire to work in a fast-paced team environment
* Ideate and invent new security techniques or countermeasures for in-vehicle products.
* Experience as an embedded control systems developer using C/C++, preferable in vehicle or engines.
* Experience using development tools such as LauterBauch TRACE, and Atmel ICE.
* Hands on experience in Developing secure boot of host ECU microcontrollers.
* Experience with Secure Coding Techniques.
* Development experience in Linux-based Operating Systems and/or U-boot.
* Exposure to system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or public key infrastructure (PKI).
* Experience with Ethernet, TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, and analysis tools such as Wireshark
* Experience with git configuration management tool
* Good verbal and written communication skills, including the use of Microsoft Office when producing requirements, specifications, reports, and test plans.