This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Deerfield, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2020
As a Corporate Finance Associate at Caterpillar, you will work in a high performing and dynamic corporate finance team that supports strategic and financial analyses of inorganic initiatives through Mergers & Acquisitions (acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures), organic initiatives through investment in new product R&D and procurement strategies, and other strategic analysis. In addition, the role will provide governance across the life-cycle of project / transaction and support post-closing assessments, corporate finance methodology updates and investment reviews. The associate will get the opportunity to work with a variety of diverse and global business units in various industries at Caterpillar.
Job Duties / Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Take leadership & provide guidance on certain aspects of the development of strategic and opportunity analysis, transaction development, deal execution and optimization of the M&A processes.
· Act as the financial lead throughout the transaction process from opportunity analysis through due diligence including work with internal and external financial advisors and subject matter experts in order to provide an enterprise view of financial impact of transactions.
· Provide financial and strategic expertise to support Business Units utilizing business analysis techniques such as three-statement financial modeling, accretion/dilution impact, and DCF analyses, while analyzing impact of integration costs and synergies.
· Provide support for communication of financial and strategic rationale for inorganic and organic initiatives through preparation of presentation materials.
· Act as core deal team member, participate in negotiations make recommendations during negotiation, lead sub-teams preparing & proposing enterprise position to achieve optimum balance of risk and reward.
· Work with business unit leadership to define growth plans and strategies for regional expansion in to additional product lines, segments or parts of the value chain.
· Work with acquiring Business Units to independently resolve problems and act as a captain in business proposal development for all assigned programs.
· Take lead on communicating with regional corporate tax, regional corporate treasury, and other function SME to resolve the issues to ensure compliance globally and regionally.
· Ensure corporate governance and procedures for approvals and process are adhered to throughout the transaction process.
· Perform enterprise level analysis for large projects that span several industries and end markets.
· Work with business unit financial teams to ensure Caterpillar Financial Analysis Methodology is being followed.
· Supporting project work requires the ability for pockets of travel.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
The position requires a willingness to travel for both domestic and international business opportunities (10-30%)
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E and O. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website. www.Caterpillar.com/careers