As a DevOps Engineer you will contribute to design, development, testing and deployment of DevOps tools and/or applications.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing scripts and DevOps tools.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives solution development focused around delivering DevOps features and tools
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
At least 4 years of experience in supporting/deploying cloud services or 5 years deploying applications on cloud only platforms.
Top candidates will also have:
- Proven experience in some of the following:
- Designing, developing, deploying enterprise cloud architectures.
- Developing automation for cloud services using Python or Powershell.
- Administration of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following,
- Docker/Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef or other automated deployment tools.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.