WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Electric Power Division has an exciting opportunity for a Southeastern District Sales Representative - CAT Rental Solutions. This position can be based in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas or Mississippi. As Southeastern District Sales Representative at Caterpillar, you will be accountable for the development and execution of marketing and merchandising programs to support the sales effort for assigned Electric Power Division products, including rental, parts and service.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Accountable for achieving corporate growth and profit objectives by one or more of the following: (1) identifying sales and product support opportunities for Electric Power Division rental products, (2) developing and executing programs and coordinating efforts of the organization to achieve increased sales performance, and (3) supporting sales efforts by providing training, furnishing general and technical information, developing and implementing sales and marketing initiatives, and/or appropriate tools required in these sales functions
* Responsible for the analysis of present and potential sales and rental opportunities, for developing sales and rental strategies, developing marketing communications plans and preparing support programs to pursue sales and rental opportunities for current, revised, or new Electric Power Division rental products
* Provide technical guidance and assistance to the worldwide dealer organization on their applications, operation and maintenance
* Grow, develop, negotiate with, and build upon strategic relationships within the Caterpillar organization
* Have a proven track record of sales collaboration to include the skills required for success within our Caterpillar dealer network, and throughout the associated rental industry to promote products, implement programs, achieve measurable growth, and expand opportunities within rental for the Caterpillar network
* Assigned major sales development responsibilities involving the entire range of rental products manufactured by the Electric Power Division
* Responsible for providing the necessary tools and selling techniques required to maximize customer interest and pursue opportunities
* Perform in-depth analysis of the Caterpillar dealer network to ascertain what is needed to grow the rental power business and develop support programs to achieve growth goals
* Provides guidance in the development of Caterpillar dealer organizations, including field representatives, rental operations, marketing strategies and fleet management
* Keep aware of new developments in competitive as well as Electric Power Division rental products and of customer needs and preferences
* Up to 50% travel in this role
* College Degree preferred
* 5+ years of sales/product support/marketing experience in the Electric Power Industry
* Thorough understanding of the rental power business characteristics and a working familiarity with product application. Incumbents should be capable of conceiving practical business, sales and marketing plans, obtaining management approval and general acceptance of those plans, and executing them
* Experience in Electric Power, direct customer, dealer, and/or OEM contact is required
Top Candidates will also have:
* Experience in the Rental Power industry is preferred.
* Skill in problem analysis, persuasion and communication, and program execution is important
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.